milestones in my house this morning!
First is bittersweet - Kayin's 12th birthday is here! He's super excited - and I am too - but wow, he's 12! technically he can stay home alone *and* babysit - but omg - I don't think so!! He's soooo not ready - Em, I think she could stay home with no problem, and could even babysit for a short period of time, she'll be 10 in Feb -- but Kayin -- I worry if I just leave him in the house while I'm outside!! maybe it's a boy thing - I've been using Hollee's 'boys are dumb' mantra a lot lately!! lol Emma has taken to saying it too ;) but seriously - this is scary territory I'm walking into! puberty..ACK! home alone..ACK! the teen years start next year...triple ACK! thankfully there's a home alone course being run at the mfrc in April - after talking to some of the other parents, it seems like a great little course and they all have the same fears as I do -- but some of them are leaving them alone and they're doing just fine after having the course...we'll see! lol
the 2nd milestone is that Xander *finally* slept through the night - the whole glorious night - from 7:30 to 7:18!!!!! He hasn't done that since he was about 3mths old - when his teeth started coming in ..ugh....the progression has been there - but Fred is such a push over when Xander cries -- I started him on a bottle about a mth ago, and now he's almost completely bottle fed, and I've been making(i mean encouraging) Fred put him to bed and get up with him in the night while he's been on vacation -- funny how now he's alright with him crying in the night! lol At his 1yr check on Monday I confirmed that he doesn't need anything to eat from bedtime until breakfast - so finally Fred was on board - but it was the easiest cry it out ever! lol Monday I got up in the night - but it was 4am before he woke up, I have him 4 oz and he slept until 8:30! then Tuesday he woke up around 1, I didn't get up, he fussed for about 10mins and went back to sleep until about 3, fussed again, slept until 6ish, had a few ozs and slept until 8ish...then last night...*I* woke up at 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...he woke up at 7:18 :) I've probably jinxed myself, and tonight will be a nightmare..but that's ok...the boy *will* sleep...I'm determined and just as stubborn as he is! :)
They grow up sooo quickly OMG!!!! Hoping you did not jinx your self!
ReplyDelete