Tuesday, January 5, 2010

on the menu tonight...

so, this year I want to try new recipes...lots of new recipes - I really enjoy cooking (though don't like cooking in my closet of a kitchen but that's a rant for another day!) and now that Xman is a bit older, I feel like I'll have a bit more time to make meals rather than glorified snacks! I haven't tried anything new this week yet - but I think we (the *we* would include my new closet assistant Em) will attempt something out of the new recipe box that Jay gave her for Christmas.

but without further adeu...I give you our dinner from the closet tonight...

Rachael RayPork Schnitzel with applesauce, Rachael Ray tex-mex succotash and rice...I've made this several times now and we all loooooove it! Though I don't normally enjoy fruit with my meat - the applesauce with the pork schnitzel is simply yummy! and there's something therapeutic about pounding meat! lol I've made the pork with bread crumbs, tonight I used crackers and it turned out just as well. In the linked recipe Rachael does an apple cranberry sauce, that sounds really good, but I haven't tried it yet. I had never had succotash until I saw this one on the show - the first couple times I made it without the jalepenos and hot sauce for the kids, but they didn't really like it, so tonight I made it exactly as the recipe states and OMG ...sooo good! It's spicy, but not hot - loads of flavour in just the right amounts - I thought maybe there would be some left for lunch (or midnight snack) but nope! it's *all* gone!
no pics - this time - but next time maybe I'll think to plate it nicely and snap a pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment